Congratulations on the purchase of your new running shoes! In order to keep your new shoes in great shape, we have included a few reminders below.
- Most running shoes should last 300-500 miles or 6 to 9 months, but you will know it is time for a new pair when your body tells you!
- Alternating two pairs of shoes is a great idea for longevity, as it allows the cushion more time to fully decompress.
- Please do not put your shoes in the washing machine or dryer!
- Cleaning shoes: Use a mild detergent and a soft brush to scrub the shoe
- Drying Shoes: Do not dry your shoe using a heat source. Take the sock liner out of the shoe and stuff with newspaper, repeat as necessary.
You may experience some slippage between your heel and your shoe as it breaks in, the following tying technique is a great way to reduce heel slipping as the shoe breaks in around you. It is also a great way to tighten the top of your shoe if you like a snug fit.